· Break down a full pork carcass into forms ready for cooking using a variety of actions, including boning, tying, grinding, cutting and trimming.
· Weigh, label and price a variety of cuts of meat in an efficient manner that focuses on making the final product attractive to the customer.
· Keeping accurate track of temperature and other information in compliance with HACCP plans.
· Maintain and clean the meat preparation areas and equipment to reduce the risk of food contamination and adhere to food safety guidelines.
· Assess and inspect quality of meat when receiving the carcasses.
· Operate sharp equipment for cutting, grinding and packaging that can cause severe injuries if not operated correctly.
· Use skewers, bone knives, twine and other tools to lace, tie and shape roasts and salame.
· Carefully weighing spices, salts and other products according to specified recipes,
· Estimating relevant information to develop time efficient workflow to achieve set goals.
Job Skills & Qualifications
· Excellent oral and verbal communication skills
· Knowledge of food safety
· 2 years of experience in the work force (the area does not matter)
· 3 excellent recommendations from prior employers
· High School degree or equivalent
· Experience in whole animal butchery
Send resume, letter of interest and 3 references to Alessandra (Ale) Rellini at email@example.com
8 hr/day 2 days every 2 weeks with potential for full time at a separate facility.
$13-$15/hr depending on experience.
Are you interested in the art of butchering and desire to become proficient in breaking down an entire pork carcass into roasts or small cuts such as chops and steaks? Have you always wondered how to make Italian style cured meat, such as salame, coppa etc.? Do you want to work for a business committed to animal welfare, a clean environment and wholesome food? You should apply to work as Assistant Butcher at Agricola Farm. You do not need a vast knowledge of meat cuts as long as you show a passion for learning and for good food. We would love to have you join our team as a butcher to assist us creating both fresh and cured meats. You will be involved in the essential steps for making traditional Italian style cured meat and to break down pork carcasses and complete a carcass quality evaluation. We need someone who is a good team player, strives under time pressure, and is a careful and dependable worker.